Welcome to Pure Om Bethesda, Downtown Bethesda’s largest Hot Yoga studio,conveniently located on Wisconsin Avenue. Our 4,700 square foot facility boasts a 1,700 square foot hot room with lots of natural sunlight, spacious locker rooms and showers.
Founded in 2011, Pure Om Bethesda is an environmentally conscious facility designed and built using principles of economic, social and ecological sustainability.
Our mission is to offer the highest quality yoga programs to beginners as well as advanced yoga practitioner and embrace each student’s search for personal growth and wellbeing.
Pure Om Bethesda is owned by Siri Om and Hargobind Khalsa. Siri Om was born into a family of yoginis and her teaching style is expressive of the depth of her knowledge and lifelong experience in the principles and practices of yoga. She has been teaching Hot Yoga since 2001. Hargobind has been teaching Kundalini since 2000 and Hot Yoga since 2014. Together, they own Pure Om Bethesda, Pure Om Fairfax, and Casa Om.
The classic 90 minute, 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises (26+2) class. You will work hard, sweat a lot, and feel great. We recommend this class for all students, especially first time students.
A shorter version of our Pure 90 (60 minute). The pace is faster and we do fewer sets of some postures. Recommended for yogis with a solid foundation in the classic Pure 90.
Explore advance postures from the Bikram series, Ashtanga, Forrest and more! You will also learn head stands, deep back bends, meditation & how to work your chakras. This is a 90-minute class with music and some hands-on corrections.
This is a 60 minute dynamic vinyasa class with weights. It combines balance, strength training, core strengthening, inversion and flexibility.
This 84 posture sequence is practiced in a heated room. Adrian, a Yoga Champion, strives to teach a strong and technical class but keeps it lighthearted and fun. This is a 2½ hour session. Must be proficient in the Hot 90 class and practice frequently.
Classes explore yoga poses, breathing exercises, visual imagery and relaxation techniques while conveying lessons in self-expression, body image, social skills, positive thinking, and environmental awareness. Ages 4 through 8.
Kundalini yoga, known as the yoga of awareness, is a fast and effective way to clear the mind, energize the body, and uplift the spirit. Students will use rhythmic movements in conjunction with deep stretches, breathing techniques, meditation, and mantras. One will see and feel the results quickly, feeling energized, relaxed, and uplifted after each class.
The yoga is great for everyone! It is a total body workout with so many benefits, both physical and mental. Through your practice, you can:
- Lose weight
- Improve mood, mental clarity, and focus
- Strengthen muscles, bones, and tissue
- Increase flexibility and balance
- Reduce or even eliminate joint and back pain
- Improve circulation and help to balance blood pressure
- Strengthen your whole spine
- And much more!
Integrated massage also known as eclectic massage, is a therapeutic method that combines the principles of massage and bodywork.
Different hands-on techniques are used in integrated massage to promote physiological changes. This is achieved by primarily focusing on the fascial system or the body’s connective tissue.
Deep tissue massage therapy is similar to Swedish massage, but with the deeper pressure which is beneficial in relieving chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia.
Sports massage may utilize a variety of techniques such as classical Swedish Massage, trigger point therapy, and hydrotherapy. Prior to an athletic event, Sports Massage may be used with stretching in order to help athletes to loosen, warm and prepare their muscles. Following an athletic event, Sports Massage may be used to relieve pain, prevent stiffness, and return the muscles back to their normal state. Sports Massage may also be used for injury rehabilitation.
30 minutes – $45
60 minutes – $100
90 minutes – $120
5 pack of 30 minutes – $175
5 pack of 60 minutes – $450
5 pack of 90 minutes – $550
Add aromatherapy for $10
To Schedule an Appointment contact David (301)793-9398 Cancellation Policy: In our desire to be effective and fair to all clients, 24-hour notice is required when canceling an appointment.
Please arrive 15 minutes before class starts. Yoga is a discipline, and latecomers may not be admitted to class as it disrupts others. Please sign in legibly at the front desk before entering the studio, waiting with patience if there is a line.
- Leave shoes in the shoe cubbies and your belongings in the locker room. No bags in the hot room.
- No cell phones or gum in class.
- Please refrain from perfumes or lotions, or shower before class to remove scents.
- Practice silence in the room. We want to maintain a peaceful space before, during, and after class.
- All students must use a mat and a large towel.
- New students should set up in the back row by the windows so they can better observe class instructions.
- Try to stay in the room for the full class. If you must leave, make eye contact with the instructor first.
- Come with an open mind and be willing to listen and try new things.
- Kindly keep showers to less than 3 minutes so others may use them.
- Clean up after yourselves and keep your belongings neatly in the cubbies.
- Check your belongings before you leave. Lost and found is donated regularly.
- Come back as soon as you can!